Sunday 9 December 2012

Day 7

Todays reading is Malachi 3:1

 “Look! I am sending my messenger, and he will prepare the way before me. Then the Lord you are seeking will suddenly come to his Temple. The messenger of the covenant, whom you look for so eagerly, is surely coming,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.

What a great way to end a week looking at Prophets, and lead into the week looking at Preparation, a prophesy about John the Baptist coming to prepare the way for the Lord. 

Today our family went to the Lantern Walk at Chester Zoo, and we had a large family lantern to light our path to find Santa's grotto, with fairy lights along the way to help (and some yummy hot chocolate too!).  It made me think about the path that I am preparing for people who are following me.  For me, it is probably my daughter, some of the members of youth etc, for you it may be people who you see at college or school, or members of your family who follow your example.  What sort of way are you preparing for them?  And is it preparing the way for the Lord to enter their lives?

Here's a photo of our Lantern walk.



The Prize Challenge for today is to take a photo of some christmas lights that you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment