Sunday 2 December 2012

Day 1

Welcome to the first Sunday of Advent, and our first advent challenge!!  I hope you are as excited as me to start this journey of hope, joy and expectation as we prepare for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Enjoy your visit here, and come back to visit and join in our challenges every day.

This week, if you are lighting and advent wreath, then we will be lighting the first candle, the prophecy candle, and our readings will be looking at some of the prophecies about the coming of Christ.  It is important to remember that advent is not just about the birth of Christ, but also about the second coming of Christ, and I hope that during this week we can experience some of the excitement and anticipation that God's people must have felt hundreds of years ago, waiting for his birth.

Anyway, here are the readings for today, there are some wonderful faith boosting readings in here which I just love! It reminds us that although we have to wait for Christ, He is also our strength while we wait!!  Please read them, look them up in you own version of the bible, pray about them, and ask God to speak to you through them.  Please leave a comment to let us know that you are joining in with the challenge, and what you have got from todays readings.

Psalm 62:5-6
Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
for my hope is in him.
 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will not be shaken.

Isaiah 40:31
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.


Hebrews 10
 Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise.

Fun Advent Extra

Why not try making some stained glass cookies?  And bring some for me at the next youth meeting.
Stained glass window biscuits
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/stainedglasswindowbi_87505

Extra Prize Challenge (prizes only for members of BCF youth!!)

Take a picture of a stained glass window and post it here (or show me on your phone next week!)

Blessings
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment